Discussing things that happened…
Time to talk about 5 things that’ve happened and state my random opinion about them:
- Disney+ Launched! Disney’s new streaming site is live…yay? The main issue is this…yes, companies want to cash in on the streaming craze…yes, they don’t want to share the money with third parties like Netflix or Hulu…HOWEVER!! Eventually every company is going to do this and there will be so many separate streaming sites that will cause audiences to get overwhelmed. Then something new will come along and it will all start over again.
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie revamp. For those not in the know: the trailer for the new Sonic Movie didn’t go over well when it first released. People didn’t like the redesign of Sonic. So the studios put a lot of money in to “fixing” Sonic….and it was worth it. Will the movie be any good? Who knows. But Sonic looks like Sonic sooooooo…good job?
- YouTube News: New rules are being implemented to protect the children…who shouldn’t have been using YouTube without their parents anyways. In case you haven’t been part of the YouTube crowd here’s a poorly described history of this issue: Channels/videos aimed at kids became popular. They weren’t blatant in what was a sponsored video or what products they were paid to promote. FTC doesn’t like that (cause it’s illegal: you have to say what is an ad when you aim at children because they can’t identify what is an ad and what isn’t). ALSO, pedophiles took these videos and made creepy playlists. They also put time stamps in the comments for parts of the video that other pedophiles would like…creepy shit! SO, now YouTube (after getting into a SHITton of trouble) is rolling out new rules for videos. You have to say whether your videos are Made for Kids or not. If you mark Made for Kids a few things happen. First, there will no longer be a comments section. Second, the channels will no longer have the ability to make playlists with videos marked as Made for Kids. Third, they will no longer have ads run on the videos. There are some other things, too, but I can’t remember them. Oh, and on top of all these new rules, if you mislabel your videos as Made for Kids when they’re not…you could be fined or have your channel deleted. Those kids channels are gonna lose a huge amount of revenue and there hasn’t been much discussion about how this affects channels that label their videos as Not Made for Kids. Gonna keep my eye on this piece of news as major new rules will be coming in January…
- Jeopardy moment. A contestant who didn’t know the answer to Final Jeopardy bet all but $5 of his winnings. But it was what he wrote that’s the news. He wrote “We ❤ you, Alex!” The usually stoic host choked up and broke the hearts of so many watching.
- And the last random news is a little update to a post about my Alma Mater and some drama happening. Click here to catch up…I’ll wait….caught up? Good. So not too much to update, but two things. First, the President of the school has commented and, of course, took the side of his wife. Second, the school paper has commented on the drama. Sure it’s an opinion piece, but it’s kind of a big deal. The school is relatively conservative as I’ve mentioned in my post. So when the school paper actually calls out a professor…it’s a bit of a big deal. They’ve also gone on record clearing up an article they wrote on the Dean of the Communication School. Since she’s running for Congress, the paper wanted to write a piece on her to get her positions out for students to read. She basically ignored the students, giving them “bare minimum” answers to questions and refused to be interviewed. So, the student paper did what most papers do when in a time crunch. They released a “soft piece”, a very catered form of news that doesn’t really go into detail. LITERALLY 5 DAYS LATER, the paper released a statement saying the piece “compromised our ethical integrity in order to comply with her lack of cooperation”. Let me emphasize two things. First, when you run for a public office it is that…PUBLIC. The Dean claimed she wants to keep her work life separate from her personal life….um, when you run for public office…that is your work and personal life. It’s PUBLIC!! Second, it’s not like the newspaper was some random paper. It was the newspaper for the SCHOOL SHE WORKS AT!!!! Also, where she is the DEAN OF THE COMMUNICATIONS SCHOOL!!! But I guess we can’t truly be upset with her…….she only became Dean when her husband became President of the school……nepotism.
And that was 5 random news stories.
This isn’t going to be a regular thing cause some news is too repetitive. And I only want to cover small stories that interest me/stories people may not have heard about…and like one BIG story.
Anybut, thank you for joining me.
These were MY opinions on each. Your opinions may be different and that’s fine. Now on to more random things!!