Discussing things that happened…
Time to talk about 5 things that’ve happened and state my random opinion about them:
- Hank Azaria will no longer voice Apu on the Simpsons. I have mixed feelings, but only because I grew up with the show (and really by mixed opinions, I simply mean I grew up with the character sounding one way and it will be weird to hear him sound a different way….but my ears can get used to that). Should Apu be gotten rid of? No, I don’t think so. Should he be given a better storyline? Absolutely. I think it’s time to give Apu an update. By that I mean maybe having input or even writers for the character actually be Indian. Should Azaria step down as his voice? Yes. I believe it’s time to cast voice actors who match the characters. I know there are exceptions (english dubbing of foreign films, shows, etc.) but shows in America don’t really have an excuse anymore. There are actors of all ethnicities available. And they don’t have to SOUND their ethnicities (hint, hint, Hollywood…stop forcing accents on actors when it is truly NOT of any influential value to a plot or is purely for a comic relief effect).
- Terry Jones passed away this week. He’d been struggling with dementia sadly. For those who don’t know who Terry Jones was, he was a member of Monty Python. Some of his notable roles were Brian’s mother from Life of Brian, Sir Bedevere and Prince Herbert in Holy Grail, Mr. Creosote in The Meaning of Life, and many, many, many, many, many, MANY other characters across all of the Monty Python’s films and television program. He wrote (along with the other pythons) many of the Python scripts and for a lot of programs throughout his extensive career. A funny man was lost this week, but is now making others laugh in the next life.
- NikkieTutorials came out as transgendered. For those of you who are not YouTube aficionados like me, NikkieTutorials was a beauty guru on YouTube. She did make-up tutorials, reviews, and other beauty topics. Some of you probably remember her “Power of Makeup” video that blew up years ago. I’ve watched a number of her videos and enjoyed them. But recently someone tried to blackmail her by revealing the truth. And instead of accepting the blackmail, Nikkie decided to reveal the truth herself. That she is a transgender woman. Whatever you may believe about the subject, that is not what this random news is for. I support the LGBTQ+ community. I believe in transgender’s rights. I believe in human rights. I also believe every person has the right to their own stories. They have the right to reveal as much or as little about themselves as they want, when they want. They shouldn’t be forced to tell their stories when they aren’t ready. THAT is what this is about. Blackmail, no matter WHAT it is threatening to reveal, is wrong and anyone who pulls that shit is an awful human being.
- Okay…this will be the ONLY time I mention anything close to resembling politics (and by that I mean the current US administration). Have you all seen all the stuff about…>sigh< Space Force? I’m sorry. It’s ridiculous and is clearly being organized by either someone who has no idea what they’re doing or someone who is ACTIVELY trolling the US. The camouflage of the uniform being…DESERT camouflage? (I mean, not even hiding where the first graduating class of Space Force will ACTUALLY be going) And the recently unveiled logo which is…..basically the Star Trek Starfleet Command logo….this is absolutely embarrassing. It’s like this administration saw what Reagan did with the Death Star stuff and said, “He was close! But he should’ve used Star Trek instead of Star Wars as inspiration!” God damn it…
- Not really news, BUT…..it’s my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!! I will be 31 years old! That’s right! I survived my 30th year of life! Do I have my life together? Nope. And that’s okay. I’m still in a better place than I was last year…relatively. I’m starting new things that may drive me insane by the end of this year, but that’s partially what makes it interesting! What do I have planned for my birthday? Not much really. I start rehearsals Monday so I can’t do anything wild…not that I ever really did anything wild on my birthday. By choice, I might add.
And that was 5 random news stories.
Anybut, thank you for joining me.
These were MY opinions on each. Your opinions may be different and that’s fine. Now on to more random things!!