I apologize for being MIA…. even more so than usual.
A very large thing has happened in my personal life that is taking all of my attention and emotional support to get through.
It’s not something that explicitly happened to ME but a very dear, close friend. And nothing is more import to me than my family and my friends.
I will still post random news on Saturday. But until this thing is calmed down… I will be even more sporadic in posting.
BUT!! I WILL still be posting. And hopefully this thing will be calmed down soon.
Cuz rehearsals for my next show start in less than 2 weeks…..and then I’m on a cruise ship/writer’s conference.
Anybut, I guess this has been a random update.
Okay, this may be really sad…
I’ve heard as you grow older you naturally become lactose intolerant…and I think I am. Food and drinks with dairy are starting to disagree with me on more frequent occasions.
I hope I’m wrong….because I freaking LOVE cheese!!
This has been a random food update.
Discussing things that happened…
Time to talk about 5 things that’ve happened and state my random opinion about them:
- The royal family “drama”? Okay, true story…….I really don’t understand this as I am NOT all that interested, really, in the English royal family. A lot of Americans are….I’m not. HOWEVER!!! From what I’ve gathered…okay. I get it. Meghan and Harry don’t want to be royals anymore. They want to live half their time in Canada. They didn’t discuss this with his father or with the Queen…I GET IT!! The English people are mad. But at the same time, he was already the wild child. Is ANYONE really surprised by this?
- CATS: Okay I PROMISE this is the last time I mention CATS in my random news…..but all of the reviews on YouTube, in articles, and from people I know about it are giving me LIFE!! If you haven’t seen or read any of them….seek out the reviews. They are AMAZING!!
- The fires in Australia are still burning. As someone who lives in California and has had friends affected by the yearly fires here….this is scary and sad. This is on a scale far larger than anything in California and it’s tragic how little is being done to help. To be fair, help is growing, but it took weeks for many to even HEAR about this. I remember when Notre Dame was on fire and how quickly everyone (including me) jumped to help.
- Awkwafina wins Best Actress Award in a Comedy at the Golden Globes and makes history! She is the first Asian American actress to win the award and I for one say: CONGRATULATIONS!!
- Rush drummer Neil Peart passed away on Tuesday at the age of 67. I’m not that huge of a Rush fan, but I like a number of their songs. But it’s always sad when anyone who’s affected many lives passes away.
And that was 5 random news stories.
Anybut, thank you for joining me.
These were MY opinions on each. Your opinions may be different and that’s fine. Now on to more random things!!
31 Days of Holiday Memories!!
I am currently obsessed with pudding…
It’s become a problem.
Chocolate and vanilla….not even the swirl, just the two flavors on their own.
It always reminds me of the Rugrats episode where Angelica is staying with Tommy’s family and has a broken leg. You know the scene, where Stu questions his life as he makes pudding at 2 or 3 in the morning.
I feel like Stu….except I didn’t make my own pudding.
This has been a random food update.
I was trying to be very good last night…
I was going to bed before 1 in the morning. I had started driftin off when my brain decided, “Hey! Remember that thing you’ve been trying to do for days? I’m ready now!”
Some people would ignore this and continue into dreamland…but I knew if I did that…I would forget everything.
So I got up, turned on my computer and did some late night work. My cat joined me for a bit…more out of annoyed confusion as to why I was still awake…and I got it all done.
Hooray! And it only took me until 3 in the morning…yaaaay…
Anybut, one thing off my list before the end of the year.
Here’s a random pic of my kitten after seeing the Christmas tree for the first time (this year):
She didn’t quite know how to feel about it.
Anybody else read that title like “Can-dy Moun-tain. Can-dy Moun-tain”…like the unicorns from that old Charlie the unicorn video? Just me? Okay.
Anybut, the good thing about the rainy days in Southern California:
The closest I get to snow every year.
Not as pretty color wise, but a little clearer.
But it did rain again after I took these pictures and got chilly so….boo.
Thought this would also be fitting as a December 1st post so there’s that, too.
Not out of any narcissistic need to find myself…
I was just curious to see what others HONORED to bear my name have done with their lives!! (In case you’re new here….this is me being overdramatic for no reason)
Anybut, I learned a lot. I MAY just be the least successful person with my name. I saw 2 doctors, a few nurses, a graphic designer, a real estate agent, and a few others who still came up in the search before me.
The most interesting thing, though? 2 of them lived in Indiana, 2 of them are from Illinois (one of whom was born and raised in Chicago where one of my closest friends was also born and raised), and another was from Arizona. I don’t remember where any others were from cause I wasn’t clicking on their information. I’d read the google search results and move on.
I mean, so many of me living so close together and we never bumped into each other……
OH WAIT!!! That’s a lie! I did meet someone with my name when I worked at Barnes & Noble. Not making this up. I literally met a woman with my name who was a teacher and had our Educator’s card (or was it just the Membership card?) AND was a regular….
But I never had the courage to tell her that we had the same name…I thought that was weird and didn’t want to freak her out…..at least freak her out more than me staring at her trying to transmit the information using our same name connection…….that’s a thing, right?
Fun fact: She looked nothing like me. Good for her.
There was too much excitement yesterday with the “mini” Thanksgiving my family did and by mini I just mean not a full-size turkey and not as much food.
We made the choice because my parents are going to see my brother next week and didn’t want to have too much left over food and so we all compromised and decided we’d do a FULL turkey dinner for Christmas instead…okay, whatever.
BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT!
With all the excitement and adjusted time frames for the cooking…….WE FORGOT TO WATCH THE PURINA DOG SHOW!!!
HOW COULD WE?!
We remembered to watch the Macy’s parade, some football (not real hardcore fans), and some holiday baking shows.
But the MOST important television event of the year?! Forgot.
Anybut, congratulations to the dogs who performed well and congratulations too….
THOR?! The winning dog was a bulldog named THOR?! AND I MISSED IT!!! LIFE, WHY?!
I guess…there’s always next year….ugh….